Frequently Asked Questions
What should you do if You Have Been in an Accident?

Automobile accidents can happen to anyone at anytime. If you are involved
in an accident, it is important to do all of the following:

1.        Get Help:

Stay Calm and call an ambulance for anyone who is injured.  If anyone is in
need of medical attention or if any of the vehicles involved need to be
towed, you should also report the accident to the police.

2.        Exchange Information / Report Your Claim:

Give your name, address, license plate number and name of your insurance
company to the other party, and get the same information from them.  
Report the accident to your insurance company as soon after the accident as

3.        Document Accident and Witness Information:

Record the names, addresses and phone numbers of any people who saw
the accident or any of the events immediately before or immediately after
the accident.   You should also record the date, time and location of the
accident, and if possible photograph the accident scene, damage to all
vehicles and all visible injuries on your body.  You may also want to make a
diagram of the accident scene and location of the vehicles at the time of
impact as well.  

4.        Call Us!

If you have been injured in an accident don’t delay, call today!

If you have been injured you can call us any time, 24 hours a day, 7 days a
week, for a free consultation.  We will come to your home or visit you in
the hospital to discuss your case.  If we agree to represent you, you will not
owe us any money unless we obtain a recovery for you.

What Does Limited Tort Mean?

Limited Tort is a type of insurance you can buy for yourself which limits
your right to recover money for your damages if you have been injured in
an accident.  
Your right to recover for your pain, suffering and
inconvenience is limited even though the accident is caused by the other
person.  Furthermore, others in your household,such as your spouse or your
children can also be deemed to be Limited Tort based upon your selection.

There are certain exceptions to Limited Tort which might permit you to
recover damages.  These include:

1.        Being struck by an out of state driver.
2.        Being a pedestrian at the time of the accident.
3.        Being struck by an individual who is convicted of DUI.
(at the time of the accident).
4.        Sustaining a "serious" injury.  

Whether you have a "serious" injury is something that is decided by the
courts.  Currently, in order to overcome a limited tort insurance you must
prove that your injuries include at least one of the following:

1.        Death
2.        Dismemberment
3.        Permanent disfigurement
4.        Serious impairment of body function

We believe that you should protect yourself and your
family by selecting Full Tort insurance coverage.

What is Uninsured and Underinsured Motorist Insurance

Simply put, this is insurance coverage which you can purchase to protect
yourself if you are ever stuck by an uninsured motorist or by a motorist
who does not have enough insurance coverage to fully compensate you for
the injuries that he or she has caused.  This coverage also protects you if you
are injured by a hit and run driver.

Is it O.K. to Waive or Reduce This Coverage?

We recommend that you carry as much of this coverage as you can afford.  
Generally, you have as much of this coverage as you have in liability
insurance unless you sign a form to reduce or eliminate the amount of the
coverage.  If you do so you are reducing the amount of coverage which
protects you.
"A man who is his
own lawyer has a
fool for a client."
- Hunt

* * * * * * * * * * * * * *

"Anyone who
believes a better
day dawns when
lawyers are
eliminated bears
the burden of
explaining who will
take their place.
Who will protect the
poor, the injured,
the victims of
negligence, the
victims of racial
violence?" -     
John J. Curtin, Jr.
If You Have Been Injured in an
Accident, Don't Delay Call Today!
(412) 653 - 6000
Pittsburgh car accident lawyer, dui lawyer, driver's license suspension, estate lawyer, injury lawyer, bankruptcy lawyer, injury lawyer, Pittsburgh, dui, chapter 7, truck accident, malpractice lawyer, dui, ard, real estate
lawyer, debt collection, business lawyer,  rollover lawyer, dui lawyer pittsburgh